- Johannes String Quartet - first violin and founding member
- M.I.K Piano Quartet (Korea) - first violin and founding member
- Bard Festival - Berg's Chamber Concerto
- Curtis Chamber Orchestra - Weill's Concerto
- Carnegie Hall - Mendelssohn's Double Concerto and Beethoven's Triple Concerto with Maestro Myung-Whun Chung and Julius Jeongwon Kim
- Marlboro Festival - multiple appearances
- Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival - recitals of Bach solo sonatas and partitas
- Guaraneri Quartet final US tour in collaboration with Johannes Quartet
- Mituko Uchida and Friends - US and European tour
- Musicians from Marlboro - US tour
- Charles Wadsworth and Friends - US tour
- Paganini Competition - first American winner in nearly 30 years
- Plays the 1709 "ex-Kempner" Stradivarius
- Faculty member at Bard College and Stony Brook University
- Gypsy - on Azica Records
- Faure and Chausson - with Jeremy Denk and the Jupiter String Quartet on Azica Records
- Paganini 24 Caprices - on Azica Records
Kim performs actively across the United States and Europe.
Concerto performances include Mendelssohn with the Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra, and National Philharmonic Orchestra; Mozart with the Baltimore Symphony and the Nashville Symphony; Sibelius with Moscow Symphony Orchestra and the Vermont Symphony; Brahms with Annapolis Symphony, and the Seoul Philharmonic; and Vivaldi's Four Seasons with the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia as well as other ensembles without conductor.
Chamber music venues include the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival, Seattle Chamber Music Festival and the Bard Festival. Recital venues include Carnegie Hall, Concertgebouw Amsterdam, Queen Elizabeth Hall, Lincoln Center, Herbst Theatre, Strathmore Hall, and the Santa Fe Chamber Music Festival.
Kim joined the Mitsuko Uchida and Friends tours in the US and Europe performing Messiaen's Quatuor pour la fin du temps. Kim and Jeremy Denk performed the Brahms sonatas in Rome and Seoul; and the Charles Ives sonatas in Philadelphia and at Bard College.
Kim's recording of the Faure/Chausson is the fifth recording to feature him in either solo or chamber repertoire. Other recordings include Schubert's cello quintet with Janos Starker; Arensky's cello quartet with Lynn Harrell; and duo works by Schubert, Bartok and Straus with Jeremy Denk. Kim's Korea-based piano quartet M.I.K. recorded four commissioned works by Korean composers for its first album for Stomp/EMI.
For a complete biography, please contact William Reinert Associates.