- Brooklyn Philharmonic – Artistic Director
- Alarm Will Sound – Artistic Director and Founder
- Crash Ensemble (Dublin) – Principal Conductor
- Metropolitan Museum of Art - Alarm Will Sound (4-concert series)
- New World Symphony – Guest Conductor
- Los Angeles Philharmonic – Guest Conductor for Brooklyn Festival
- ASCAP Concert Music Award
- Citations for “Best Concert of the Year 2008” by New York Magazine and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- a/rhythmia CD on “Best of 2009” lists of WNYC radio, Washington Post, Boston Herald, and Time Out
- World premiere of John Adams’ Son of Chamber Symphony with Alarm Will Sound
- Collaboration with Dawn Upshaw and Osvaldo Golijov conducting a series of Carnegie Hall workshops
- Creating and touring 1969, a multimedia performance piece with Alarm Will Sound
Artist’s website http://www.alarmwillsound.com
Recent guest engagements include the Dirty Projectors in a performance presented by the Los Angeles Philharmonic;a tour with the Orchestra of St. Luke’s; performances with the London Sinfonietta at the Brooklyn Academy of Music and the Barbican; the Steve Reich Ensemble, Carnegie Hall’s Ensemble ACJW, Ensemble 21, Ensemble Sospeso, Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra, the Indiana University New Music Ensemble and YoYo Ma’s Silk Road Project.
Recent Alarm Will Sound engagements include Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Kimmel Center, Merkin Concert Hall, Cal Performances, Stanford Lively Arts, Library of Congress, The Garner Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art, The Warhol Museum, Holland Festival (Amsterdam), Elbphilharmonie (Hamburg), Pro Arte (St Petersburg), ArtNovember (Moscow), Le Poisson Rouge, Bang on a Can Marathon, The Kitchen, The Whitney Museum, Miller Theatre, Duke Performances.
A committed proponent of the performance of new music, Pierson has collaborated with major composers including Steve Reich, John Adams, Augusta Read Thomas, David Lang, Michael Gordon, Osvaldo Golijov, La Monte Young and Julia Wolfe.
Pierson records extensively. His discography includes Alarm Will Sound Plays the Music of Aphex Twin (Cantaloupe Music); Silk Road Journeys with Yo-Yo Ma (Sony Classical); the premiere recording of Steve Reich’s Variations with the London Sinfonietta (Nonesuch Records); a/rhythmia (Nonesuch Records); and Steve Reich Tehillim and The Desert Music (Cantaloupe Music).
For a complete biography, please contact William Reinert Associates.